Friday, January 16, 2026

2026 Honors Seniors in Mexico, Day Two: Teotihuacan














On our second day in Mexico, We took a bus to Teotihuacan. With a population of over 100,000, Teotihuacan  the largest city in Pre-Colombian America and was the 6th largest in the world at the time.

Above: climbing the Pyramid of the Moon.

Above: Sitting on top of the Pyramid of the Moon, looking across the Calazada de los Muertos (The Avenue of the Dead) to the Pyramid of the Sun.

These ancient pyramids at Teotihuacan, the largest in the Americas, were at the heart of a culture that flourished between the Year Zero and the year 500.

Favorite Part of the Trip?
Paige: I have two. One was on the Pyramid of the Moon where I was sitting down for a group photo and a dog came up and decided to lie in my lap. 

Alyssa: Teotihucan! Climbing those pyramids was an amazing experience that I will always remember! They were so much bigger than I imagined! That was my biggest highlight of the trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment