Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sorting Success!

Some lovely new faces!
Waiting on pizza...
Bow to Dao.


Grub time
The Honors Picnic at Wintersmith Park was an interesting evening! We sorted the incoming honors students into our four houses: Arete, Dao, Eureka, and Orenda. It was quite the event as a couple of the officers, Dr. Benton, and Dr. Pierson  definitely put on a spectacle for the main event (and I think we all thought Dr. Benton had a little too much fun with his dollar store horn...). What do you think the funniest/weirdest part of the evening was? Post below! #becausehonors

5 comments:

  1. I have a medical condition, OK? But I got a vuvuzelaectomy after the picnic, so I don't anticipate any further outbreaks. At least for the next year or so.

    Love the photos, Elizabeth. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of the evening was when Colby joined in with Dr. Benton in a dollar store horn duet.

    And on a different note:
    Orenda is the house to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed the 2014 Honor’s Picnic and Sorting Ceremony. Although I’ve never been exposed to any form of the Harry Potter series, I still grasped a sense of the significance and pride that accompanies a freshman’s entrance into a house. That being said… Go Orenda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved attending the honors picnic and sorting hat ceremony. The weather was refreshing and so was the opportunity to talk to the people I know best here on campus. As every time we meet, I feel welcomed by my peers and my friendships continue to grow. The sorting hat ceremony was awesome. I’m so excited I got to live out a little part of my Harry Potter fantasy. I’m proud to be in Orenda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the sorting hat, although there wasn't really a hat that spoke what house we were in, it was very exciting! Walking up and reading the meaningful, yet sometimes confusing, papers then proudly saying what house you were in while you heard cheers from the older honorables as they tried to outdo every other house was exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete